Making any governance changes can be through three different processes depending on the governance mode the organization is working with. It is important to distinguish the Open Mode from the Consent Mode.
Note. Only members of the circle can modify its governance and add evolutions i.e. roles, domain's policies and subcircle's restructuration.
Consent Mode allows two different processes:
1. In a circle's governance meeting:
- If you're the one in charge of organizing a meeting, please follow the steps described in this article to open a governance meeting
- Once in the meeting, add an agenda item
- Click on the agenda item
- Click on Add proposal
- Select from the dropdown whether you want to make changes to a Role or Circle, Policy, Elections, or you can Restructure sub-circle
- Fill out the necessary information according to the change you want to make
- Click Validate
2. In a process outside of a governance meeting ("asynchronous")
If you don't want to wait for the next governance meeting, Holaspirit allows you to submit your proposal to other members within the circle through a consent decision making process.
- Click on Tensions in the left-hand navigation menu
- Click on Add tension
- Enter a Title, select the appropriate Circle. Choose a Type or keep empty (Undefined) to import your tension in a tactical or governance meeting
- Add a Description
- Choose Draft if you want to keep this tension private or Ready (the secretary in a meeting will be able to access and import these tensions and you will be able to submit evolution to other members of the circle)
- Click Create
- Click on the 3 dots and click on Submit evolution.
All the members within the circle will be notified to answer No objection or Escalate to meeting. If someone escalates it to a meeting, the process is then interrupted and the proposal will be back to the proposer's tensions list and available for discussion in the next meeting.
The proposal will be validated if one of the two conditions is filled: All circle members answered No objection or if no one answered Escalate to meeting within the time period set by Administrators.
Open Mode, allows the previous processes and:
3. Straight forward edition.
Open mode allows all members of a circle to change the circle's governance without prior validation. There are no restrictions on who can make changes to what within a circle. However, flexibility comes with more transparency. All changes will still be reflected in the role activity feed, so anyone can keep track of what changes have been made.
- From the role or circle’s view, you can press the three dots on the right top to see all the options available.
- Click on Edit circle and add desired evolution(s) for the circle
- Click on Validate. Your evolution will be effective immediatly.
This flexibility comes with more transparency. This evolution will be the left in the archive of the member and role or circle edited.