It can be confusing trying to understand how much authority you have in your work. We recommend first viewing your role(s) to get a good feel for what you are expected to do. After that, follow these steps:
- Navigate to a specific role or click on Roles in the left-hand navigation menu to access all of your roles
- Click on the 3 dots in the top-right corner of the role (whether on the Roles menu or while viewing an individual role)
- Click on Consult authority
- A popup will appear with 5 things to consider when trying to figure out if you have the authority to make a decision. You can click on #1, #2, and #5 to view policies, domains, and other things that might prevent you from taking action or guide your decision.
- If all the listed requirements are being followed, then you have the authority to make the decision!
Note: These steps to ensure your authority are only guaranteed if your company is practicing Holacracy. If not, you'll want to view your company's policies to ensure it aligns with these decision-making concepts.