In some situation, your organization may want to restructure. You can move a role from one circle to another:
- Directly from the circle or role page.
- Through a Governance Meeting of the supercircle that both circles belong to.
- Through Tensions via an Asynchronous proposal
Move a role or sub-circle in a governance meeting
- Start or join a Governance Meeting for the super-circle that both circles belong to.
For example, if I want to move the "Finance" role out of "Administrative & Finance" and into "Marketing", I need to open a governance meeting for the circle containing both "Administrative & Finance" and "Marketing", which, in this case, is the "Enterprise" circle.
- Once in the meeting, add an agenda item
- Click Add evolution
- Select Restructure sub-circle from the dropdown
- Select the circle which currently contains the role you wish to relocate
- Under Move out, Select roles you wish to move by checking the boxes next to the appropriate role(s)
- Validate the proposal
The role is out of the circle it was in. Now that it resides in the super-circle (for which you currently have a governance meeting open for), you can relocate that role to another circle.
- Click Add evolution again
- Select Restructure sub-circle from the dropdown again
- Select the circle where you wish to put the role you moved in the above steps
- Under Move in, Select roles you wish to move by checking the boxes next to the appropriate role(s)
- Validate the proposal
Your role should now be in its new home under a different circle, which you can now see by viewing your organizational chart or clicking the new circles details to see the listed roles.
Move a role or a sub-circle out of a governance meeting (asynchronous proposal)
You can also submit this evolution to members of your circle as part of an asynchronous evolution proposal in two steps:
1- Move out the role or the sub-circle
2- Import the role or the sub-circle in the desired circle.
In the Tensions module of the left navigation menu:
- Click on Create a Tension
- Create your tension and select the super-circle that both circles belong to.
- Select Governance type
- Set the Tension as Ready
- Click on Add an evolution, Restructure the circle
- Select the circle that has the role you want to relocate.
- Under the heading Move out, select the roles you want to move by checking the boxes next to the appropriate role (s).
- Validate the evolution by clicking on Save, Submit now.
The role is now out of the circle. You must redo this operation to import the role into the desired circle.
- Create a new Tension.
- This time select the subcircle you want to send the role to.
- In the Move in section, select the role.
- Save, then click Submit Now