Is your organization working in an international, multilingual context? Want to be able to automatically translate the roles and circles in your native language? Here's a quick article to get your way around the Translation Application.
The Translation Application allows you to automatically translate your organization's content with one click into your preferred language(s).
Translating your organization's role and circles into multiple languages will maximize the number of people who understand the role as a whole and improve the clarity on Purpose, Domains, Accountabilities and Policies. People of the organization can get the information in their native language thus removing potential language barriers.
The automatic translations can be manually reviewed by translators of your choice who are part of your organization, thus ensuring the quality and relevance of the content.
What are the languages available?
Holaspirit supports automatic translations for 50 languages based on SYSTRAN API (EU):
- Western Europe: Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Welsh.
- Eastern Europe: Albanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech Estonian, Georgian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Ukrainian.
- Middle East & Africa: Arabic, Dari, Persian, Hebrew, Pashto, Somali, Swahili, Tajik, Turkish, Urdu
- Asia: Bengali, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Punjabi, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Vietnamese
- North America: American English, Canadian English, Canadian French
- South America: Brazilian Portuguese
What is translated?
Content that is generated by users is translated. This includes:
- Role/circle's Purpose
Any new content added by a user is automatically translated in all the set-up languages including:
- when a new role/circle is created
- when a role/circle is updated
How to activate the automatic translations?
You need to be an Admin to enable the application.
- Go to Administration from your profil icon menu
- Click the Apps tab. Then select the Manage button next to Translation to set up the application. You can select as many languages as there are in your organization.
- Move the slider to the right to enable the app
- Add language(s) used in your organization. The translation will automatically starts for all the circles and roles in your organization. This could take a few minute to synchronize.
- Assign Translators to grant them the access to the application so they can review the generated content. You can only select members of your organization.
What happens when the application is enabled?
For people in your organization:
From the page of any role/circle, users will be able to activate the translation language by clicking on the icon :
Once the translation language is activated by the user, roles will be displayed in the selected language.
Users can either choose to display by default the original, or the translated version.
The language can be updated at any time in their user profile, under the language tab.
For the Assigned Translators:
Translators will have a new tab in their Profile menu, Translation from which they will be able to review and validate the content.