When preparing to roll out OKRs in your organization you'll need to decide how you'd like to structure your strategy.
One of the first things you need to define is the frequency of your OKRs.
OKRs typically work with a combination of frequencies that interact with each other to create a rhythm of continuous and focused progress. You have a high-level goal with a longer horizon (generally your Company OKRs), that can only be accomplished by working toward smaller goals with a shorter horizon (Circle OKRs).
The timeframe of your OKRs depends on the strategy in place in your organization.
Create or edit frequency of an OKRs
When creating or editing an OKR on Holaspirit, you can create and edit the timeframe of the OKR to match your preferred planning cycle.
OKR can be set for the following timeframes:
- Monthly (1 month), starts the 1st of the month
- Quarterly (3 months), starts the 1st day of January, April, July, October
- Quadrimesterly (4 months), starts the 1st January, May, September
- Bi-yearly (6 months), starts the 1st January or 1st July
- Yearly (1 year), starts the 1st January
To create or edit a cadence, go to the Add an OKR or click on the OKR card that you’d like to edit, and click on the icon Edit OKR.
In the form, you can change the timeframe and its start date in the Periodicity section.
The start dates of the OKRs will simply be altered relative to the change you’ve added.