Is your organization using Slack? Want to be able to receive notifications for your circle in a Slack channel instead of email? Here's how you can integrate Holaspirit with Slack:
- Admins can use the instructions on this page to link a Slack channel to a circle.
Note: A Slack channel can be link to more than one circle of Holaspirit.
Installing the Holaspirit Slack Integration App
- As a Admin, go to the circle you want to integrate Slack with.
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right corner and select Settings from the menu.
- Click the Integrations tab. Then select the Activate button to install Slack
- Slack installed and in use in your organization
- You have to be a Slack workspace administrator to install this application.
- Users must have a Paid Slack (Standard, Plus, or Enterprise will work) account to use the /holaspirit commands.
- Users must use the same email address both on Slack and Holaspirit for the integration to work.
- Follow the prompts to enter your organization's Slack. You'll be asked to sign in to your Slack account.
- Next, you will be presented with an access list. You will be asked to grant access for 2 different sections:
1. The first one to allow Holaspirit to send events to the Slack channel
2. The second one to allow Slack to retrieve information (e.g. Role/Member's information) from Holaspirit
- Select the channel Holaspirit will post to.
- Click Allow.
The integration is now set up. You can check the integration status on Holaspirit.
- Additional steps might be required on Slack app administration if app approval is turned on for your workspace. You can manage app from the Slack App Directory.
- [users_not_found] Unable to retrieve member from slack with email *****@****.**
How to fix it : You need to invite this user on Slack with the exact same email as the one in Holaspirit
- [paid_teams_only] Unable to create slack user group from role ****
How to fix it : You need to subscribe to Slack to be able to have user groups (User groups are used to represent roles in Slack, if you keep the free version of Slack, you will be able to use everything except the user groups)
Once you have corrected the cause of the error, you need to deactivate and reactivate the Slack integration again.
Events sent to Slack channel
When the integration is all set, users will receive the following notifications for their circles' events into their related Slack channel:
- creation/update/deletion of a role/circle
- creation/update/deletion of a policy
- election of a user for a core role
- assignation of a user to a role
- creation/update of a project
Feature in Slack
Slash commands act as shortcuts for specific actions in Slack by sending a message in Slack. Holaspirit has 1 slash command:
- /holaspirit @rolename = retrieves data from role
- /holaspirit @membername = retrieves data from member
- @rolename [text] = notifies the members of the role
- To use slash commands, type a /holaspirit holaspirit @rolename or @circlename or @membername in the message field to bring up the information. A drop-down list of roles, ordered alphabetically, will appear. Pick the role you want to address.
- Write your message and submit it.
- Every person filling the tagged role will be notified about your message, the same as if you had used their individual names.
- Slack email addresses need to match Holaspirit email addresses, or else the sync system will not be able to match role-fillers with individuals on Slack. If you're having trouble syncing individuals, double check that the emails match.
- You need to have a Premium Slack account
- Usergroups permission has to be enabled for your Slack workspace.