Circle settings are handled in administration and allow administrators to precisely define how circle generally works across the entire organization.
However, the settings of each circle in your organization can be modified and configured according to its way of working. Each circle can thus configure its settings autonomously and independently of the settings defined for the entire organization.
With this feature you can customize the way your teams work and interact within a circle!
If a circle defined personalized settings, the circle becomes independent and is no longer synchronized with the global settings in administration.
Circle Admins are members of the circle and hold special privileges inside the circle. They can set up the circle settings for their own circle. They are tagged with a green sticker.
Who are Circle Admins ?
A Circle Admin can assign or unassign other Circle Admin for his/her circle. In addition, an Administrator of the platform can add himself/herself as Circle Admin of any circle of the organization.
- The user that has created the circle automatically becomes a Circle Admin.
- The role in charge of assignation is automatically a Circle Admin.
- The role in charge of the link between the parent-circle and the circle is also a Circle Admin.
Managing Circle Settings
To edit the circle settings of your circle:
- Go to the Circle page
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the circle
- Select Settings
In the first General section, you can:
1. Define the role in charge of assignation.
In the dropdown menu, select the role in charge of assigning members within the circle. The list is made up from all the roles that exist in the circle.
- If no role is in charge of assigning roles, then all circle members can freely assign members to roles within the circle.
- A parent circle can still assign non-role members to any subcircle based on the assignment parameters defined within the parent circle.
2. Define the roles elected within the circle.
- Select the roles elected within the circles. The role holder needs to be elected by the circle for a defined period of time via a governance process.
- All the roles of the circle can be elected except the roles that are subcircles.
- A role which becomes elected and which was assigned to one or more members will throw the members that were assigned to the role out in order to be able to proceed to an election.
3. Modify the governance mode of the circle.
Holaspirit allows to choose between two governance mode defining how governance decision processes are handled in the organization.
- Choose between Open Mode or Consent Mode for your gouvernance decision-making process.
- Click on Save.
- If the circle switches to Open Mode, the asynchronous evolution proposals being processed for the circle continue their processes.
To know more about governance mode, please consult this article.
In the second section Privacy, you'll be able to set up the privacy of your circle and decide whether members outside of your circle can have access to its operations and documents.
In the third section Integration, the Circle Admin will be able to activate external communication and project management applications for the circle.