The circle settings describe how your organization operates. The circle settings are defined on the organization level in administration. These settings apply to all the circles in your organization, except for the circles that have defined their own settings.
This section allow administrators to set up:
- The Core Roles with which the organization works. By default, Circle Lead, Circle Representative, Secretary and Facilitator.
- The relationship between circles of the organization: is there a role in charge of processing the information between the parent-circle and the circle? (and vice-versa).
- The assignment settings to define elected roles and select the role in charge of assigning members to roles in the organization among the defined Core Roles
- The governance mode i.e. the way in which changes in governance are handled within the organization.
The circle may choose other settings for their own circle. If a circle defined personalized settings, the changes made in administration won’t apply to that circle.
Manage the circle settings
As an Administrator, you can create and edit the way the circles of your organization work:
- Click on your Profile
- Click on Administration
- Click Circle settings
From here, you will be able to define the right settings for your organization.
1. Core Roles
- In the first dropdown menu, select the core roles that are automatically created in each circle of your organization.
The list is created from the role templates of your organization. If you add a core role, it will be created in all circles of your organization. Conversely, if you remove a core role, it will be deleted from all circles. Members' assignation to these roles will also be lost.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page to validate.
- If you remove a core role that is defined as role in charge of assignments or as link between circles of your organization, then you must configure these settings again to be able to save the change.
2. Links between circles
In this section, you will be able to set up the links between circles of your organization. The lists are made up from the core roles.
- In the first dropdown menu, select the ascending role in charge of passing the information of the parent circle on to the sub-circle.
- In the second dropdown menu, select the descending role that represents the circle and brings up tensions in the parent circle.
Note: If no role is in charge of linking circles between them, circles are considered as autonomous and have no representative in the parent circle.
You can define here how assignation will be handled in your organization.
- Define the role in charge of assigning members.
- Click on Save.
Note: If no role is defined, then all members of a circle can assign.
4. Elected roles
- Select the roles elected within the circles. The role holder needs to be elected by the circle for a defined period of time via a governance process.
Manage the governance settings
Holaspirit allows to choose between two governance mode defining how governance decision processes are handled in the organization.
- Choose between Open Mode or Consent Mode for your gouvernance decision-making process.
- Click on Save.
To know more about governance mode, please consult this article.